Digital to Analogue Converter & Preamplifier
The DacMagic Plus has fantastic new features including wireless device connectivity and stunning audio performance from music of all formats. Thanks to twin DACs it instantly improves audio fidelity from all your favourite digital products allowing you to make your computer, TV, Blu-ray player and other devices a true part of your hi-fi system.
The DacMagic Plus works by taking a direct digital audio signal from your computer, TV or other device - bypassing their built-in digital to analogue converters.
This signal is then carefully analysed and upgraded using our ATF2 upsampling system. Once this process is complete, the DacMagic Plus outputs your music as a much purer analogue signal straight to your amplifier.
Custom developed by our dedicated team in the heart of London, DacMagic Plus is totally flexible and supports digital music of all formats. It even allows you to upgrade 24-bit music files stored on your PC for better-than-CD performance from your digital music collection.
Watch the video above to find out why our proprietary ATF2 upsampling technology makes such a difference to the sound produced by our DACs.
By linking our plug-and-play BT100 wireless audio receiver to the DacMagic Plus, you can also stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or any gadget that supports Bluetooth*. Additionally, if your device supports the superior aptX CODEC Bluetooth encoding, you can stream lossless CD quality music from your device to the DacMagic Plus.
*Optional BT100 audio receiver required
As well as controlling and playing music that’s stored on your computer or smartphone, streaming services like Spotify and Last FM can be shared with your hi-fi in stunning quality.
"If you are contemplating putting together a high-quality desktop audio system, or adding computer audio to an existing system, you will be hard pressed to find any DAC/Preamp that includes a more useful feature set or better sound for the DacMagic's £350 pricetag. Yes, it's a great value. Yes, it delivers excellent sonics. And yes, the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus has earned my recommendation as the new benchmark for DAC performance with a price under £600."
"It has an open and revealing character that is strong on timing... comes highly recommended."
"...part of the future of digital audio in the home."
"...the DacMagic turns the often iffy sound of MP3s into high-end audio."Read More...
"technically slick and full featured budget DAC"
"this excellent performance, as well as the great flexibility, superb build quality, extensive connections, impressive features and value for money, the Dacmagic Plus is a worthy successor to its much loved predecessor."
- Digital to analogue convertersDual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- Digital filterAnalog Devices ADSP21261 DSP; upsampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Analogue filter2-Pole Dual Differential Bessel Double Virtual Earth Balanced
- Frequency response20Hz to 20kHz (±0.1dB)*
- THD @ 1Khz 0dBFs<0.001% 24-bit
- THD @ 1kHz -10dBFs<0.001%
- THD @ 20kHz 0dBFs<0.002%
- Signal to Noise Ratio-112dBr
- Total correlated jitter<130pS
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz< -130dB
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz< -112dB
- Output impedance<50 Ohms
- Max. output level (unbalanced)2.1V rms
- Max. output level (balanced)4.2V rms (2.1V per phase)
- Digital input word widths supported16-24bit
- Digital input sampling frequencies supported32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz**, 192kHz
- Audio output upsamplingFixed 24-bit/384kHz
- Max power consumption12W
- ColourBlack or silver
- Dimensions (HxWxD)52 x 215 x 191mm; (2.0 x 8.6 x 7.6”)
- *Steep filter disabled
- **Digital 1 & 2 Inputs only
- Headphone output
- THDat 1kHz 0dBFS 24-bit signal with 22kHz low pass filter = 0.001% at 20khz 0dBFS 24-bit signal with 80kHz low pass filter = 0.003%
- Frequency response10Hz - 100kHz
- Recommend headphone impedance 32 Ohm to 600 Ohm.