Digital Music System
With a Wolfson DAC and a class AB amplifier, the Xi will stream an unlimited selection of music including Spotify Connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and make it sound crisp, detailed and powerful.
The Minx Xi handles just about any format of music, from many different sources. It will wirelessly stream music from a network or hard drive via UPnP in lossless formats such as ALAC, FLAC, AIFF or WAV, all up to stunning 24-bit/96kHz studio quality. The Minx Xi’s streaming capabilities also include Spotify Connect and internet radio giving you access to a virtually unlimited music selection and over 20,000 internet radio stations.
Connect the optional BT100 to wirelessly stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth, so you can enjoy music stored on your phone or listen to your favourite music services such as Apple Music or YouTube. The BT100 is aptX ready, meaning you can enjoy high resolution streaming from supported devices.
Featuring a high quality 24-bit/96kHz compatible Wolfson WM8728 DAC (digital to analogue converter) means that sound from any source is delivered in sparkling detail. The Xi also uses an oversized toroidal power supply for improved audio and bass quality across the volume range and outputs 40 watts per channel. The end result is room filling power and stunning detail drawn from all sources. Wherever your music comes from, Minx Xi will make it sound amazing. Other audiophile grade components include:
- Class AB amplifier for less acoustic distortion
- External clocking for minimised jitter in digital audio streams
- A low resonance, acoustically-dampened metal chassis to eliminate vibration
RANGE OF INPUTS
We want you to be able to connect up anything and hear it with a true British sound. All of the below can take advantage of the Xi’s high quality DAC and powerful amplification for pure musical enjoyment:
- Phones and tablets
- Networked media servers
- Spotify Connect
- TVs, DVD players and games consoles
- Computers and laptops
"lf you are looking for a system to put in the study or fancy sticking a toe in streaming water, then the Minx Xi is an easy recommendation. lt has the same sonic limitations as you find with any budget amplifier, but the feature set is strong and ease of use very high...Well worth checking out."
"It’s easy to use, well built and sounds great - you won't be disappointed."Read the full review
"Convenience and quality seem finally to have united and in the Cambridge Audio Minx Xi that coming together has been nothing short of brilliant."Read the full review
"If you are looking to haul your music listening into the 21st century look no further than this compact detailed system"
"Just add speakers and a hard drive full of music and you’ve got a little next-gen hi-fi of awesome quality."Read the full review
"On features alone this is the winner. Indeed, it's rather difficult to understand quite how Cambridge Audio produces this unit for the money; it is so generously specified and has just about every feature under the sun."
- Digital to Analogue ConvertersWolfson WM8728
- Power output40 watts RMS per channel (into 8 Ohms) 47 watts RMS per channel (into 6 Ohms) 55 watts RMS per channel (into 4 Ohms)
- ConnectivityNetwork music playback (Wi-fi & Ethernet), 16-24-bit 32-96kHz3 x USB media inputs, 16-24-bit 32-96kHzTosLink input, 16-24-bit 32-96kHzS/PDIF input, 16-24-bit 32-96kHzBT100 Bluetooth receiver: A2DP plus aptX2 x RCA analogue in
- 3.5mm analogue input
- Headphone output
- Speaker outputs, 2 x 40W RMS
- Subwoofer output
- Digital file formats supportedALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG
- Standby power consumption<0.5W
- Max. power consumption300W
- Mains inlet voltage100-120V AC or 220-240V AC
- ColourGloss black or gloss white
- Dimensions (HxWxD)90 x 270 x 285mm (3.5 x 10.6 x 11.2”)
- Weight5.8kg (12.8lbs)