Welcome to Our Venue Space, Melomania
Our new venue and event space is finally ready. Take a step inside Melomania at Cambridge Audio HQ.
We’ve completely transformed the dull empty void that was our ground floor into an exciting new event and venue space. Pieced together by our own Engineering Department, we couldn’t be happier with the final result. Here’s the full kit list for you to geek over:
- 68 x Min 22 speakers – These are housed in flying arrays, giving the venue a stadium sound system feel.
- 19 x Aero 9 subwoofers – Split up into 4 quite intimidating looking towers of bass power.
- 4 x 851W power amplifiers – Because 3 amplifiers just isn’t enough.
- A total of 155 speaker drive units and 12.3kW of power.
It’s not just a place where we can nip down to and lose ourselves in pure audio bliss (although it’s very tempting to skive off work…), with the stage set up we’ve prepared our space for events, including live performances, listening sessions, rehearsals and more. Here’s what we’ve got installed at the front end:
- Cambridge Audio 851N – Our flagship network player, so there’s plenty of connectivity options including Spotify Connect, Apple Airplay, Internet Radio etc.
- Mackie 32 channel 24bit/48kHz mixer - All iPad controlled.
- 12TB USB Hard Disc - For recording live events and sessions.
- Xta DP448 24bit/96kHz audio system management - To stop people playing TOO loud!
For ease of use we’ve set up 3 listening scenarios: the live stage setting (the front speakers), the lounge setting (the 4 corners) and party mode (everything!) The sound setup itself is the brainchild of our Technical Director Dominic Baker. We asked him to sum up the sound performance in a couple of sentences, so we’ll leave you with his BIG statement:
“It’s monstrous with near-endless dynamic range and headroom. The most stunning hi-fi system ever created”